Tuesday 15 September 2009

'Martin added that he "hated" cyclists'

James Martin, the celebrity chef was test driving a sports car in a country lane near his home when he spotted "a bunch of City-boy ponces [cycling] in fluorescent Spider-Man outfits".

Writing about the experience in a newspaper column, Martin said: "Knowing they wouldn't hear me coming, I stepped on the gas, waited until the split second before I overtook them, then gave them an almighty blast on the horn at the exact same time I passed them at speed.

"The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror."

Martin, who lives near Winchester, added that he "hated" cyclists and resented seeing them in the countryside.

Someone has started a Facebook site I hate James Martin

There is more unhappiness with James Martin here.

Elsewhere, comments include: He's a fattie too. I reckon riding a few hundred miles on a bike would wear down his smug double chin a little.

Footnote

The Facebook site has been forced to change its name.