Friday 27 February 2009

The gift of clairvoyance

I don't like to talk about it much but I can see into the future.

Let me stare into my crystal blog and see what will happen tomorrow...

I see Saturday afternoon drawing to a close in Walthamstow High Street. I see the fruit and vegetable stall by the library being dismantled. I see the stallholders dumping all the frames behind the cycle stands outside the library. I see the frames obstructing the cycle stands. I see this obstructive metallic clutter still there on Sunday. Monday comes and it is still there. I see Tuesday morning arrive. The fruit and veg men come along and remove their frames from the cycle stands and reassemble them.

I see a shadowy figure begging the Council to do something about this. I see the Town Hall. But now a mist sweeps down. All I see is a vague haze, paralysis, inaction...

Fled is that vision. Do I wake or dream?